‚ÄčTerminal Operations meets Security Services in a repeat 2017 final of the KPA interdepartmental tournament

Mombasa - February 8,2017

Fans of the ongoing KPA interdepartmental tournament will have the opportunity to revisit the 2017 soccer final after Terminal Operations and Security Services cruised past their respective opponents in the semis on Wednesday.


Terminal Operations' veteran midfielder Anthony Kimani (in yellow jersey) vies for the ball against Rajab Ahmed of Conventional Cargo Operations. Kimani scored the 1st goal in the match which Terminal won by 7-0.

Terminal Operations, five year title holders stormed into the final with a thumping victory over Conventional Cargo Operations.

The defending champions produced a spectacular attacking from the time the centre referee Zechariah Ashira blew the first whistle to signal the start of the match at the KPA Mbaraki Sports Club grounds.

In the first half, Conventional Cargo Operations was lucky to survive the onslaught with goalkeeper Hussein Mohamed tirelessly making crucial saves.  

In the 31st minute Anthony Kimani netted the first goal after a superb move of intricate passes between him, Peter Mukuru, Athman Kibwana and Ayub Karoyo.


Abdullahi Salim of Terminal Operations dribbles the ball past his Conventional Cargo Operations opponents.

The merciless Terminal Operations extended their advantage in the second half and their efforts were fruitful as Ayub Karoyo, Abdullahi Salim and Abdullahi Juma each scored a brace to make the scoreline 7-0.

In the other semi, Security Services secured their ticket to the final after edging a stubborn Marine Services 5-4 in post-match penalties following a barren draw in regular time.


Jubilant Security Services players (in red jersey) celebrate as dejected Marine Services wallow on the Mbaraki turf after their 5-4 post-match penalties result.

Simon Ochieng and Salim Ali of Marine Services and Mbarak Khamis of Security Services failed to convert during the penalty shootouts.

The game, as expected, had the hallmarks of a blood sport given the historic rivalry between the Sea Men and the Soldiers.

There were no meaningful attempts on goal as both teams dug in deep to outwit each other.

In the 26th minute, Sebastian Adiangu of Security Services squandered his chance inside the box when released on-side by the evergreen midfield maestro Manzu Vieira. 

Adiangu saw Marine custodian Swaleh Bakari off his line and attempted a dink over the veteran Keeper but Swaleh read his mind easily catching the harmless ball.

The only other meaningful chance for the Sea mean fell to former Bandari FC skipper Raphael Okello whose header shaved the bar on the restart.

Other than the occasional tough tackles, the game went smoothly under the hawk-eyed match officials.

The Security side now has a chance to undo the damage caused by Terminal Operations, a team that easily beat them 2-0 during last year's final.

Marine Services will now face Conventional Cargo Operations this afternoon for the third place play-offs ahead of tomorrow's repeat final pitting Terminal Operations versus Security Services.

During this year's competition players and fans have been traditionally observing one minute's silence before kickoff of every match in honour of former Bandari FC team Manager the late Afred Obwaka who ided early this year following a heart attack.